United Way's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) can help you file your taxes securely for free.

Each year when we file [with VITA], we get a little more ahead of our debts, a little more secure on our feet, and a little more at ease in our lives. -VITA Client 



The 2021 VITA season has now ended. We would like to thank our volunteers for their many hours of hard work and dedication to serving the community. And a special thank you to our partners at UCCU.

While the official tax season is over, VITA will become a year-round program. Dates for the summer season to do back taxes will be updated in June. Please check back then. Thank you for your patience.


VITA website icons

Option 1: File My Own Taxes is the easiest and fastest way to get your taxes done. The only qualifying factor is that your annual income is $66,000 or less. Click the button below to get started now on your online tax return.

File on


Option 2: In-person VITA

*EXTENDED THROUGH MAY 15, 2021* If you earned less than $57,000 last year, you qualify for assistance from an IRS-certified volunteer. To participate with In-person VITA, schedule an appointment at the UCCU/United Way VITA Center. Masks will be required. To reduce the number of people at our site, please do not bring children. Please be sure to bring all of your needed documents. If you have questions about VITA or how to sign up, please call 2-1-1.

Schedule In-Person VITA


If you have questions about VITA or

how to sign up, please call 2-1-1.


How can I volunteer?

No financial experience is necessary to become a VITA volunteer. All training is provided by United Way of Utah County. Training will take place January - February to help you pass the open-book and open-note VITA test to become an IRS certified volunteer. Please email  to learn more.

If you are a current, trained volunteer, sign up for your volunteer shift here.