You are hereHome ›
Community Outreach Day
This year United Way is partnering with Brigham Young University and Utah Valley University for their annual Community Outreach Day on January 18. The event has been a yearly tradition at BYU since January of 2000. It was started in an effort to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr. and the values he taught. Martin Luther King Jr. was a great example to all Americans of the values of service and sacrifice for others. In the years past the event has focused on college volunteers, but this year we are trying to branch out and invite more community members and businesses to participate.
How you can get involved: Join the community and give a day of service!
- Come register and pick a service project at the Wilkinson Center at BYU on Monday, January 18, 2010 at 8:00 a.m.
- After registering for a project, enjoy a devotional at 9:00 a.m. Service projects will then begin on campus and throughout the community.
- Projects will continue until 2 p.m.
- Join the afternoon celebrations with the WALK OF LIFE Candlelight Processional at 5:30 p.m. at the Bell Tower on BYU campus. A keynote speaker and a musical number will follow the processional at 6:00 p.m. in the Wilkinson Ballroom.
- About Us
- Individual Service Opportunities
- Group Service Opportunities
- Corporate Service Opportunities
- Eagle Scout Ideas
- Court-appointed Community Service
- AmeriCorps VISTA
- Agency Login
- Sub for Santa
- Find Help