**Hiring for previous postings of the Advancement Director and Workplace Campaign Manager has been postponed.**
United Way of Utah County seeks to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities. We advance the common good by focusing in the areas of Education, Income and Health. We recruit the people and organizations that bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. Our vision is for Utah County to be a place where businesses, organizations and community members all LIVE UNITED. United Way of Utah County looks to employ people who are passionate and LIVE UNITED in all they do.
Primary responsibilities include the development and execution of a multi-year strategic marketing and communications plan in support of external community relations and the development and engagement of partners, donors and volunteers. Areas of focus include strategic message development, public relations and community affairs, special events, customer communications and engagement and online marketing, print communications and e-communications. Champion the United Way brand by serving as brand manager for all products and services. Develop and manage the messaging, image, and positioning of the brand to key stakeholders (local organizations, businesses, individuals, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or marketing
- Minimum one year of experience in a management position
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written communication with a variety of different internal audiences Design experience and knowledge of graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, organized, team player, and relationship builder
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, act with sound judgment and high degree of confidentiality, anticipate job requirements, prioritize and coordinate multiple complex tasks
- Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary
- Experienced in writing corporate marketing materials and collateral
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse people; understand, interpret, communicate and articulate complex information; perform as an effective team member
- Strong proofreading and copyediting skills
- Versatile writing to encompass feature writing, employee email communications, social media and more
- Excellent interviewing and editing skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and other Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Must be able to express ideas clearly and logically to individuals and groups
- Self-motivated to initiate discussion, evaluate own work and complete projects
Must provide portfolio of work and complete a writing/editing test during interview.
United Way of Utah County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This is a full-time position—compensation depends on experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, sick leave and vacation, 401(k), life and disability insurance, and flex spending plan.
Open until filled.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Summer Valente at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About Us
- Find Help
- Our Community
- How to Give